Your company was recognized on Inc. 5000, now what?
Your team’s hard work and growth have been recognized by a national business publication, now what?
First off, take a moment with your team to celebrate! Making the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in America is a major win and something you should be proud of!
The next step is to develop a strategy for leveraging this opportunity to build trust and credibility for your brand. Many sales reps use the Inc. 5000 badge in various marketing/sales collateral as a trust signal to generate leads, improve conversion rates and retain existing clients.
Don’t underestimate the benefits of getting your company listed on the Inc. 5000 list. This is a unique opportunity to highlight why existing customers and potential prospects should choose you over your competitors.
Keep the momentum going on that Inc. 5000 win with these ten ideas to promote your Inc. 5000 recognition.
Top 10 Most Effective Ways to Promote Your Inc. 5000 Recognition.
1. Add the Inc. 5000 badge to all employee email signatures and automated marketing emails.
Think about how many emails your team sends out on a daily basis. I’m sure it’s a lot! Use this valuable real-estate at the bottom of your email signature and marketing emails to highlight your membership in the Inc. 5000. This is an effective and subtle way to let people know that you’re the real deal!
2. Highlight the Inc. 5000 badge on your website.
Your website is the modern day storefront. It’s home-base for all your marketing activities, and the heartbeat of your digital strategy. Potential customers are going to visit your website first to see if you’re a reputable organization and someone they want to do business with. Therefore, it’s critical to include reputable “Trust Signals,” across your website. These “Trust Signals” are the evidence points that inspire confidence in your brand online.
3. Add the Inc. 5000 badge to your company social media profile header image and description section.
4. Upload the Inc. 5000 badge to your Google My Business account.
5. Include the Inc. 5000 badge in your sales scripts, proposals and presentations.
6. Prominently display your Inc. 5000 recognition in the reception area or conference rooms where sales presentations are held.
If you frequently meet with potential clients and customers in person, consider purchasing wall plaques from Inc., and placing them in high traffic areas where people will see your recognition. I never met music producer who did not have a wall of gold/platinum records in the background.
7. Add a logo lock-up (your brand logo + Inc. 5000 badge) on your virtual background for Zoom or Teams meetings.
Many meetings today take place virtually. Add a logo lock-up image to your virtual background. Not a fan of virtual backgrounds? That’s ok. Just create a lower third graphic that you can overlay on your video. If you still watch network TV or cable, this is the network logo you see in the lower right hand corner. It’s often called a bug. Think of it as a subtle watermark that constantly reminds people on a call – we’re good at what we do!
8. Have fun with it! Run a promotion or lead generation campaign based on your ranking within the Inc. 5000 list.
This is a subtle but creative way to highlight your Inc.5000 recognition while generating awareness and leads for your company.
9. Running Google Ads or FaceBook Ads? Add the Inc. 5000 recognition within your ad copy or creative.
10. Announce on social media and via email to your list of customers and prospects.
This is another no-brainer. Use these free media channels to spread the word about your company’s growth. You can write a short article on how your team’s hard work contributed to the Inc. 5000 recognition if you have a blog. Then send people to this blog article on your website so they can explore all you have to offer.
I hope you found these tips useful. Please reach out if you need assistance implementing any of these ideas or if you would like to discuss another problem you need help solving.
Using a player/coach model, Marketing Head Coach provides experienced fractional CMOs plus a nimble team of subject matter experts to execute on your strategy. Think of us as an extension of your team that will: